Update: 14th September 2022
Kalibrate-Ed pays particular attention to protecting the personal data that you provide or that it collects.
Kalibrate-Ed undertakes every effort to ensure the highest degree of protection of your personal data in accordance with current regulations, particularly the Privacy Act 1988 . Kalibrate-Ed reserves the right to modify this Personal Data Protection Policy at any time without notice.
This document gives you a better understanding of how Kalibrate-Ed protects your personal data.
We invite you to read this document before submitting your personal data.
1. THE CONTROLLER’S IDENTITY
- The controller is the company Kalibrate Pty Ltd. (hereinafter “ Kalibrate-Ed ”) , a company incorporated and registered with Australian Company Number 637 259 557, whose registered office is at Unit 2 / 634 Mowbray Road West, Lane Cove North NSW 2066
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED AND WHEN?
All information enabling you to be directly or indirectly identified is “personal data”.
More specifically, Kalibrate-Ed may collect, save, process, transfer, and use personal data relating to:
- Your identity (title, first and last name, address, telephone and/or mobile number, email address, date of birth, internal processing code enabling the customer to be identified);
- Managing orders and monitoring commercial relations (placing orders, subscribed service, billing, shipping, payment methods, fraud prevention, product returns, refunds, claims, after-sales service for purchased products, purchasing and services history, loyalty program, correspondence and after-sales service, exchanges and comments from existing and potential customers);
- Initiatives aimed at loyalty, finding potential customers, conducting studies, surveys, product tests and promotions;
- The contribution of people who submit their opinions on products, services, or content;
- The organisation and handling of contests, sweepstakes, and all promotional initiatives (participation date, answers given during the contests and type of prizes offered); or
- Technical information (language, IP address) or browsing information linked to the device.
Kalibrate-Ed may collect your personal data especially when you:
- Visit the website www.kalibrate-ed.com.au/ (hereinafter the “Site”);
- Subscribe to Kalibrate-Ed newsletters;
- Create your account on the Site;
- Place an order on the Site and answer customer satisfaction surveys;
- Write to Kalibrate-Ed by mail, email, chat, or when you call. This correspondence may be kept by Kalibrate-Ed to better monitor the relationship with you and improve its services;
- Give your opinion on products, services, or content;
- Participate in special initiatives (contests, sweepstakes); or
- Share content on social networks such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or
Twitter using the hashtag Kalibrate-Ed or other hashtags that Kalibrate-Ed offers.
How is the content you share on social networks handled using the hashtags we offer?
You may choose to use the hashtags we offer to tag your content on social networks such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter. By using these hashtags, you acknowledge and consent that your content may appear on our Website and be used to link to our products or services. We remind you that the information you make public on social networks can be viewed, used and saved by other people around the world, and in particular in countries that do not have legislation guaranteeing adequate protection of your personal information, as defined in your country of residence. We also draw your attention to the fact that when you submit content using one of our hashtags, your use of social networks is exclusively governed by the terms and conditions of those social networks. We invite you to read them and refer to them regularly.
If you no longer want any of your content to appear on our Website, please remove them from the social network or stop using one of our hashtags or exercise your right to erasure in accordance to Article 9 in cases where Kalibrate-Ed is able to remove it. When collecting personal data, the mandatory or optional nature of the data is indicated by an asterisk or other means.
In general, your personal data helps Kalibrate-Ed customise and continually improve
your shopping experience on the Site. It is particularly intended for:
- Managing and tracking orders (lawful basis: contract), where applicable prevention, detection and management of fraud or unpaid debts (lawful basis: legitimate interests of Kalibrate-Ed );
- Managing and monitoring commercial relations (lawful basis: contract) ;
- Managing customer opinions on purchased products, services, and content (lawful basis: legitimate interests of KalibrateED );
- Managing and monitoring customer accounts (lawful basis: contract );
- Managing Kalibrate-Ed SMS or Newsletter subscriptions (lawful basis: consent);
- Conducting initiatives aimed at loyalty (lawful basis: contract), finding potential customers, promotions (lawful basis: consent) and customising various communications (digital, email, paper, sms) from KalibrateED (lawful basis: legitimate interests of Kalibrate-Ed );
- Conducting telemarketing campaigns (lawful basis: legitimate interests of Kalibrate-Ed ); or
- Compiling sales statistics (lawful basis: legitimate interests of Kalibrate-Ed ).
4. HOW LONG IS THE DATA KEPT?
Therefore, please note that:
- Data establishing proof of a right or a contract or that is kept under a legal obligation is stored in accordance with the applicable provisions;
- Bank details are deleted once the transaction is completed or stored as evidence in accordance with the applicable provisions, unless you consent to use the “Saved payment cards” option to save your banking data in a secure, encrypted manner (note: your credit card security code is never kept beyond the agreed transaction); and
- The data relating to your identity documents is kept for one year with regard to the right to access, rectification, restriction of processing, erasure, data portability or to object.
For operational and technical reasons, we draw your attention to the fact that your data may be stored for a period of three years from the last contact/purchase unless you object or request it be deleted.
At the end of this three-year period, we may contact you again to find out if you wish to continue receiving commercial offers. If you do not give an explicit, affirmative answer, your data will either be deleted, rendered anonymous, or archived in accordance with the applicable provisions.
5. WHO ARE THE RECIPIENTS OF THE DATA?
Your data may be sent to service providers for commercial purposes due to their expertise and on behalf of Kalibrate-Ed to achieve the purposes it defines such as payment, delivery, marketing or IT service providers.
It may sometimes be passed on to Kalibrate-Ed’s partners for purposes for example in the context of its use of social networks.
Under no circumstances will Kalibrate-Ed sell your personal data.
If requested by the Australian Government or its associated policing entities, KalibrateED may be required to provide your personal data in accordance with applicable regulations.
6. WHAT IS THE LEVEL OF CONFIDENTIALITY AND DATA SECURITY?
In accordance with best practices on the date hereof, Kalibrate-Ed implements all the appropriate technical and organisational measures with regard to the nature of the data and the risks that its processing entails in order to preserve the highest security and the strictest confidentiality of your personal data and, in particular, to prevent it from being distorted, damaged, or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
These measures may include but are not limited to:
- Limiting access to data;
- Implementing explicit security protocols in our contracts with service providers;
- Enforcing security measures such as secure access and need-to-know;
- Subscribing to the most up-to-date antivirus software; and
- Completing our due diligence in our authentication process.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Letter with a photocopy of your ID to the following address: The Privacy Officer, Kalibrate Pty Ltd, Unit 2/ 634 Mowbray Road West, Lane Cove North NSW 2066.
Where the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time without prejudicing the lawfulness of the processing based on this consent made before its withdrawal.
You also have the right to a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority.